The Labour Research Service will present the leading ideas from The Negotiator’s Guide Chapter, “Workplace rights belong to everyone: Negotiating for inclusivity and against discrimination.”
This Chapter is for working class leaders – gender coordinators, shop stewards, organisers, negotiators, and gender activists – that share a desire to protect and advance the right to equality for workers who are LGBTQ+.
Join us on your phone, tablet or desktop.
Date: Wednesday 10 August 2022
Time: 13h00 – 14h30
Zoom link: Click here
We will share the key topics covered in the Negotiating for inclusivity and against discrimination Chapter of the Guide. We will facilitate the space for reflecting on the presentation.
The chapter includes:
- An explanation of key terms that form part of the equality vocabulary
- A description of the key challenges facing the LGBTI community
- A discussion of the specific challenges transgender workers face
- An overview of the relevant legislation protecting workers from discrimination
- Suggestions of how trade unions can support and protect LGBT members
- Examples of how collective agreements can play a role in addressing sexual orientation and gender identity discrimination
This is the first in a series of two webinars in 2022. The next webinar will explore how we can work with ILO Convention 190 (C190) for strengthening workplace rights and conditions of workers who are LGBTQ+.
Our partner in this webinar is The Other Foundation.