The LRS Gender Programme has four broad goals:
- To highlight the importance of non-wage needs/quality of life issues and demands, expressed by women as important Collective Bargaining demands.
- To influence trade union culture so as to promote gender equality; develop ways to be more inclusive of some of the most marginalized women workers e.g. young women; promote work-home balance; and develop strategies for making the links between paid and unpaid work.
- To strengthen the labour movements' capacity for improving the conditions for women workers through using innovative, participatory and feminist popular education methods
- To influence labour service provision to have a clearer focus on creating gender equality
In the Gender Programme we have produced empirical research; materials and resources; capacity building and advocacy activities; and publications promoting our 4 goals.
Publications (click to download):
The work of the Gender Programme has been enhanced with the support of our partners:
- Gender at Work: www.genderatwork.org
- Decisions for Life: http://dfl.wageindicator.org